At Florblanca, we believe that arriving to paradise is the best part of the journey, and wish to make travel seamless from the moment you arrive in Costa Rica. Although there are a number of travel options, we highly recommend all of our guests to let us book a private charter. Flying to and from San Jose in a private plane allows you to not only arrive comfortably, but also to have a tour of the area from up above. The flight over the Nicoya Peninsula is breathtaking, and our highly skilled pilots will point on different attractions while explaining much about the area.
Should you book a charter, a representative from our private charter company will be waiting for you at the international gate. If your international flight has any delay, they will be well informed via satellite, and begin to adjust your travel arrangements to ensure you still travel to Florblanca with the upmost convenience. Upon arrival to Tambor, your ground transfer is included in the private travel package. Refreshments are offered on the plane, and should you have any special requests, Florblanca and our pilots will do our best to meet your needs.
Our concierge desk will make all transportation arrangements during your stay at Florblanca including confirming your return flights. Whether you arrive by charter, commercial flight, helicopter or car, we are pleased to assist you.
A RESPONSIBLE TRAVELER
- Plan your route to minimize carbon emissions, choose environmentally friendly airlines.
- Florblanca invites you to offset carbon emissions caused by your international flights to Costa Rica. Visit: www.fonafifo.com.
- Look for sustainable hotels certified by Costa Rica´s Ministry of Tourism (CST). For more information visit www.turismosostenible.co.cr.
- Support Costa Rica’s impressive national park system by organizing a visit or tour.
- Buy local produce and support locallyrun hotels and tour operators.
- Be mindful of the amount of water and energy that you use while on vacation. Take advantage of linen and towel reuse programs.
- When visiting natural areas, make sure not to leave trash behind. Participate in recycling programs whenever possible.
- Let the hotel know how can improve their sustainability policies by the comment card.
- Keep the habits and health of wildlife. Please don’t feed the animals.
- Please do not take any samples of plants, branches, flowers or seashells that you might find on the nature trails or along the coast, no matter how beautiful they may appear.
- Practice your Spanish! It is a great way to get in touch with local cultures and customs.
- Read up on local cultures and learn a few words of the local language.
- Remove all excess packaging – waste disposal is difficult in remote places and developing countries.
- Ask your tour operator or hotel where you’re staying, whether there are local conservations or social projects that you could visit on your trip and how you could help support them.
- Do not buy products made from endangered species, hard woods or ancient artifacts.
- Respect and participate in local cultures, traditions and holy places.
- Use a bike or walk when convenient, it’s a great way to reduce pollution and carbon emissions.
- Always try and use local energy and water as efficiently as possible in line with local practices.
- When driving, stick to marked paths and roads. Be aware when driving at night that animals can scare easily from headlights and loud noises at and may be prone to leaping onto the road.
- Eat where the locals do, not only will this give you a better insight to the cuisine of the area you’re visiting, but it will also help to support the local economy.
- Use water pitchers instead of bottled water.
- Use mugs and biodegradable cups instead of recyclable plastic.