“For me it’s a wild place that calls you out of yourself and into the world full of wonder” As the staff photographer for Florblanca, Santa Teresa has been my hidden treasure for years. This community is special to say the least. With my boys growing up and time slipping by, I knew now is […]
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Costa Rica
With the world in the throes of this evolving pandemic, this may be a time when we’re dreaming of our next escape. Or maybe even planning for a time in the future when we can safely travel the world again. In either case, Costa Rica is such a special place to visit because it has so much to offer. You can experience environments as diverse as rainforests, volcanos, cloud forests, and white sand beaches. You can go on excursions that take you fishing out at sea or bring you ziplining high above the treetops. You can visit working farms, help rescue sea turtles, or learn to surf.
Today, we wanted to introduce you to 5 things you didn’t know about Costa Rica. Or at least 1 or 2 new things you didn’t know before!
1. At Florblanca, we talk a lot about being one of the world’s only Blue Zones. This is an area where people are known to live measurably longer lives. Some of the qualities shared by people living in the Blue Zones are that they spend lots of time outdoors, they eat healthy food, experience lower stress, and live with a strong sense of family and community. You can read more about Blue Zones here.
2. Family farms are alive and well in Costa Rica. These working farms feature strong family ties with traditions and skills passed down through each generation. They demonstrate fresh-made food and farm-to-table cuisine. They value simplicity, time spent outdoors, caring for animals and livestock, and working the land. You can learn more about visiting Costa Rican farms here.
3. Costa Rica has endless options for excursions and adventure. You can hike to a waterfall, take a surf lesson, go ziplining, ride horses, explore nearby islands, or travel by ATV. Costa Rica is a true paradise for anyone who loves exploration and adventure. You can see the excursions we offer at Florblanca here.
4. Costa Rica offers some of the world’s best surfing. With 1,016 kilometers of coastline on the Pacific coast and 212 kilometers of beaches on the Caribbean coast, Costa Rica is a haven for surfers looking for safe, clean and less crowded beaches and surf breaks. Learn more about the surfing community in Playa Santa Teresa.
5. Nature lovers can experience rare wildlife sightings in this home to over 500,000 species of wild animals. Costa Rica’s wildlife is as diverse as its natural environments. This country has some of the most diverse animals in the world, including sloths, monkeys, tree frogs, crocodiles, iguanas, tropical birds, and sea turtles. See how you can experience wildlife in Costa Rica.
Where Florblanca sits in Santa Teresa in the Nicoya Peninsula, the jungle comes right up to the Pacific coastline. We have howler monkeys, iguanas, and the most beautiful birds all regularly visiting our open-air property. We are minutes from some of the world’s best surf breaks. We offer tours to working farms and volunteer trips to help care for sea turtles. We also arrange for surf lessons, SUP tours, birding excursions, and much more.
We can’t wait to have you come visit Florblanca so we can show you all the magic this country has to offer. Inquire about your reservation today!